1. If you don’t like the way he kisses you, you won’t like the way he fucks you. Get up and leave.
2. If he won’t go down on you, but expects you to go down on him, laugh. Get up and leave.
3. If you don’t want to do something and he doesn’t respect that, slap him round the face. Get up and leave.
4. If he isn’t okay with the imperfections on your skin, if he says they turn him off, get up and leave.
5. If you don’t want to shave your legs and he thinks that’s disgusting and refuses to touch them, get up and leave.
6. If he doesn’t see your body as a masterpiece, as a complete work of art, get up and leave.
7. If he makes you feel uncomfortable about any part of your body, get up and leave.
What, to the American slave, is your Fourth of July?
I answer: a day that reveals to him, more than all other days in the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him, your celebration is a sham; your boasted liberty, an unholy license; your national greatness, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are empty and heartless; your denunciation of tyrants, brass-fronted impudence; your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mockery; your prayers and hymns, your sermons and thanksgivings, with all your religious parade and solemnity, are, to Him, mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety, and hypocrisy-a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace a nation of savages.
There is not a nation of savages. There is not a nation on the earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody than are the people of the United States at this very hour.
I’m way behind on this challenge but I finally have a free moment so I thought I’d ramble on for a few lines.
Guy’s “Groove Me”, Bell Biv Devoe’s “Posion”, Boy II Menz “MotowonPhilly”, the list goes on. The New Jack Swing era is probably my first era of music. It was so fun, free and full of soul. It was sexy. This is the music I put on when I’m cleaning up, getting ready to go out with the girls or working out. I love this era because period was more than just music. It was clothes, hairstyles, TV shows and movies.
I stumbled across a mixtape on here about two years that had a few of the hits from the New Jack Swing Era. I might as well share. http://www.mediafire.com/?rbw7i4jzfsv658n
It’s nearly midnight and I’m tired so we gone make this short and sweet tonight. I’m going to come revisit this post when I’m not so tired
It’s the soul in her music, the soothing sound of her voice, the energy from her shows…I mean I can go on all day to describe my love for the beautiful Jill Scott. Jill’s music will make me cry, laugh, dance and yearn for some good love. She is the main artist I want see this summer. I’m ready to call in sick and just hop on a flight down to New Orleans for the Essence Music Festival just so I fill the void of seeing Jill live again. Jilly from Philly is one of the best gifts that music has ever given me.